Stuck in a baked broccoli and chicken rut?
This super food hormone happy vegan pesto recipe is your new go-to flavour enhancer.
The basil and parsley provide a super concentrated hit of antioxidant goodness for your cells and the omega 3 in the olive oil is the perfect food to calm inflammation and support sperm and egg health.
Don’t forget to tag us on IG @mymindbodybaby when you make this.
Hormone Happy Vegan Pesto
- 5 cups Basil loosely packed
- 2 cups Parsely loosely packed
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted in oven
- 2 cloves garlic large
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 tsp pepper ot to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Spead walnuts on a roasting pan and let toast until golden brown – shake to mix them after about 5 minutes
- In the meantime, combine oil, herbs, garlic, pepper and salt into a blender. Once the walnuts have cooled slightly add them and pulse the mixture until your desired consistency.
- Zest the lemon and set aside
- Transfer the pesto mixture from the blender into a mason jar, add the zest and combine well
You may also enjoy: